Trek for Rights Conditions of Fundraising
In order to collect money on behalf of UN Women Australia, it is required that you read, understand and adhere to this agreement. By submitting your booking form for the Trek for Rights you adhere to this agreement. UN Women Australia you will be issued with an Authority to Fundraise shortly after booking and you may commence fundraising.
Fundraising rules can be complex and vary from state to state, please ensure you follow these conditions:
1. Fundraisers must be 18 years old or over, or accompanied by a parent/guardian who must also adhere to this form.
2. Fundraisers are not able to commence fundraising until they have received their Authority to Fundraise certificate from UN Women Australia.
3. Fundraisers must never represent themselves as staff or acting on behalf of UN Women Australia.
4. Fundraising activities cannot be branded as UN Women Australia activity, but rather “in support of” UN Women Australia. Fundraisers may not use UN Women Australia’s logo on any material or collateral, but may use the “in support of” logo.
5. It remains the responsibility of the fundraiser to ensure they comply with relevant fundraising laws in their State.
6. Permission to fundraise is not permission to organise a raffle. Please refer to your State fundraising legislation as there is extensive guidelines around conducting raffles.
7. All fundraising activity is undertaken by the fundraiser at their own risk and expense. UN Women Australia will not be held responsible for any injury, damage or loss sustained during any fundraising activity. Fundraisers are not covered by UN Women Australia’s public liability policy under any circumstances.
8. UN Women Australia has tax-deductibility status for donations of $2 or more; therefore a tax deductible receipt can be issued to each of your supporters. In order to issue receipts, UN Women Australia will require the donor’s name, address, email, phone number and amount donated. Any donations made via online fundraising pages provides this information direct to UN Women National Committee Australia and will be receipted automatically.